1. How can I buy or sell Applied Materials stock?
Applied Materials' common stock is listed on the Nasdaq stock exchange under the ticker symbol "AMAT." Shares can be purchased or sold through most brokerage services companies.Back to Top
2. Does Applied Materials have a direct stock purchase plan?
Not at this time. However, we review our programs on a regular basis and will post any changes to our stock programs on this Web site.Back to Top
3. Does Applied Materials issue dividends or have a dividend reinvestment program (DRIP)?
Applied Materials has paid quarterly cash dividends since 2005. Please see Dividend page in the Applied Materials Investors section for a complete history of Applied Materials dividends. We do not have a dividend reinvestment program at this time. However, we review our programs on a regular basis and will post any changes to our stock programs on this Web site.Back to Top
4. Has Applied Materials issued stock dividends/effected stock splits?
Yes, please see Splits and Offerings in the Applied Materials Investors section for a complete history of Applied Materials stock splits.Back to Top
5. I have questions regarding my stock certificates. Who do I contact?
All questions regarding your ownership (i.e. transfers, address changes or any others) of Applied Materials stock certificates should be addressed to:
P.O. BOX 30170
College Station, TX 77842-3170
Phone: 1-877.388.5186 or 1-312-360-5186
Shareholder website: www.computershare.com/investor
Shareholder online inquiries: https://www-us.computershare.com/investor/contact
6. When is the Applied Materials shareholder meeting and who can attend?
Each year we welcome our shareholders to the Applied Materials Annual Meeting. Notice of the annual meeting, which is generally held in March, is issued in the proxy statement. Please check our event calendar for further information.Back to Top
7. How may I receive annual financial results and proxy statements electronically?
8. When did Applied Materials go public and at what price?
Applied Materials held its initial public offerings on October 5, 1972 selling 300,000 shares of common stock at $10.00 per share ($0.07 split adjusted as of 2004.) Please see Splits and Offerings in the Applied Materials Investors section for complete history of Applied Materials public offerings.Back to Top
9. How can I obtain Applied Materials' financial information?
You can access and download Applied Materials financial information online. However, if you are unable to print/view the file online, or would like a hard copy of investor kits mailed to you, click here.Back to Top
10. When are the next earnings release dates and how do I listen to the earnings conference calls?
Applied Materials' earnings release conference calls are scheduled for 1:30 p.m. Pacific Time (4:30 p.m. Eastern Time) on each release date shown on our events calendar. All earnings conference calls are webcast live. If you are unable to join the live webcast, replays will be available for ten business days. For more details, please check the earnings section.Back to Top
11. Why does Applied Materials report non-GAAP results?
Applied Materials reports non-GAAP results so that investors can compare our results from regular ongoing operations with and without non-recurring charges or credits. Reconciliations of non-GAAP financial measures to the comparable reported results of operations under U.S. GAAP are available in our financial filings.Back to Top
12. What accounting firm audits Applied's financial statements?
KPMG LLP is Applied's auditor.Back to Top
13. In what year was Applied Materials incorporated and in what state?
Applied Materials Technology, Inc. was incorporated on November 10, 1967 in California. The company name became Applied Materials, Inc. in 1972. Applied Materials, Inc. was re-incorporated in Delaware in 1987.Back to Top
14. How many employees does Applied Materials have?
As of the end of Fiscal Year 2015, Applied Materials had approximately 14,600 regular full time employees worldwide.Back to Top